Seeking Editors & Contributors
Hello all prospective writers and editors!
We are seeking regular and guest contributors and editors for our two blogs on Homeland Security & Disaster Preparedness. We welcome all perspectives and hope to create a broad diverse base of content from all levels of experience. Editors & Featured Contributor bio’s will be posted and updated quarterly on our Editors & Contributors Page.
Guidelines for Articles
Manuscripts of up to 10,000 words (excluding tables, figures, and references from the word count) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Subject line write “Submission” followed by your name and the topic of the article.
Manuscripts should be submitted as a single Microsoft Word document, double-spaced with 1” margins using Times New Roman 12 pt. font, and pages numbered in the footer.
Authors will need to submit a short 150 word bio with their article, editorial, etc. All manuscripts must be accompanied by a maximum 150-word abstract and should follow current Chicago Manual of Style publication guidelines.
All submitted manuscripts must include the author’s name, affiliation/position title, telephone number, and e-mail address on a cover page that will be removed during the review process.
The Resilient Blog on Homeland Security & Emergency Management and The Bunker – Disaster Preparedness Blog adheres to the rules of the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition.
- Use end-note citations, rather than footnotes. Please be sure these are complete.
- Do not include headers, or footers.
- Submit your manuscript, including tables, figures, appendices, etc., as a single file (Word document).
- Page size should be 8.5 x 11-inches.
- All margins (left, right, top and bottom) should be 1 inch.
- Double space your text.
- Use a single column layout, justified right and left.
- Do not use special formatting or spacing between paragraphs.
- Use only one space at the end of each sentence.
Main Body — 12 pt. Times New Roman, or the closest comparable font available
Endnotes — 10 pt. Times New Roman, or the closest comparable font available
If figures are included, use high-resolution figures
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com